Award-winning for exports and international trade
Haith's has been recognised for its outstanding contribution to international trade and investment.
Haith’s, which is based in Louth, Lincolnshire, UK, has received one of only four Board of Trade Awards, a new accolade launched by International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox.
In March 2018, the Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade launched the Board of Trade Awards to recognise excellence in trade and investment.
The new trade award is set to be a ‘hallmark of British quality’ with the aim that awards will become a globally-recognised certificate of excellence.
Only four companies in the UK have been awarded this accolade, these include:
- Engineering group Arup (North West)
- The Anglesey Sea Salt Company – Halen Môn (North Wales)
- Bird feed and fish bait producers John E Haith – Haith’s (Yorkshire and the Humber)
- Blue Kangaroo Design, a Gateshead-based creative agency (North East)
Simon King Director at Haith’s said: “When I think of the dynamic businesses operating within Yorkshire and the Humber, I can’t help but feel overwhelmed and proud for Haith’s to be the only exporter in the region recognised with a Board of Trade Award for 2018.”
Dr Fox added: “The judging panel was impressed with the way in which Haith’s has grown from being a well-established brand in the UK to a successful exporter and recognised brand overseas in recent years.
“The judges commented on the company’s notable ambition and innovative approach to opening up opportunities overseas via e-commerce.”
To win the award, we had to make an outstanding contribution to international trade in one or more of the following ways:
- champions free trade through exporting and inspires others to export
- drives notable investment into the UK, generating wealth and jobs
- demonstrates outstanding use of finance in international trade
- demonstrates an innovative approach to opening up international markets
- makes a significant contribution to security and stability in the UK and/or abroad through trade and investment
- champions diversity and inclusivity through international trade and encourages and inspires others to do the same